- Walkathons help people gather followers for their causes. This usually helps people raise money for charity and other similar reasons.
- Walking is fun, so many people are eager to follow the walking crowd.
- Walking is healthy as it makes people move.
- Walking is an easy way of finding friends and socializing.
- People of all ages can participate in walkathons.
If you are thinking about the ways of organizing a walkathon, remember that you don’t have to possess millions of dollars to plan and promote one. Here are some tips which will help you organize the walkathon of your dreams.
- If you already have a certain goal for your event, pass on to finding volunteers to help you. Not only friends and family members, but also other people will be eager to help you. Trying to do everything yourself is something worth appreciation, but turning to others for some assistance is not a crime at all.
- Decide on when and where your walkathon will be held. It is preferable to walk some several miles. Manage it in a way so that you do not obstacle the traffic or the natural flow of the city life.
- If you organize a walkathon to honor somebody, then it is advisable to give it the name of the person, e.g. “Martha’s walkathon”. If the walkathon is for charity reasons, then again, give it a name, so that even the non-participants know why you have gathered and what your mission is. Giving the walkathon a name may enable you to build more audience.
- Walkathons cannot do without promotion. Promote your event using Eventish. By using this software, you will be able to invite people and much more. You can also use the Facebook event tool to gather people for the walkathon. Also, in order to find out the exact number of the participants, you should ask them to register. Prepare some registration forms and send them via e-mail or as Facebook messages.
Walkathons are an easy and useful way to attract public attention on important things, so make sure you have a justified reason to organize one.